In This Article
Wearing biker gloves is the most needed element when riding a motorcycle, as they not only provide protection but also add to the overall appearance of your ride. Biker gloves come in various styles, from full fingers to half fingers. Full-finger gloves offer the most protection and are great for colder weather, whereas half-fingers are best suited for warmer weather. Not only do these gloves provide a better grip on your handlebars, but they also give you extra padding and support when tackling corners and difficult roads. In this blog post, we cover everything you need to know about biker gloves, including their benefits, uses, and tips to help you select which gloves work best for you!
Our Top Picks for Biker Gloves
- Best Protective Leather Gloves - Jackets4Bikes Leather Motorcycle Gloves
- Best Touchscreen Leather Gloves - QUKOPSE Leather Gloves for Men
- Best Ultra-Breathable Mesh Design Gloves - Protect the King Biker Mesh Gloves
- Best Shockproof Gloves - INBIKE Breathable Mesh Motorcycle Gloves
- Best Sweat-Free Hands Gloves - Jackets4Bikes Ventilation Gloves
- Best Gel Padded Gloves - Jackets4bike Motorcycle Gloves
- Best Fingerless Gloves with Shock-Absorbing Padding - HTZPLOO Bike Gloves
- Best Anti-Slip Breathable Gloves - INBIKE Cycling Gloves
- Best Water Resistant Gloves - Souke Sports Cycling Gloves
- Best Heavy-Duty Waterproof - Vgo Motorcycling Winter Gloves
How to Choose The Best Biker Gloves
It’s important to choose the right pair of biker gloves for your ride – they should provide a good grip, comfort, and some protection. With so many options available on the market, it can be difficult to know which gloves are best suited for you. Here are the things to consider before purchasing biker gloves:
- Glove Material: When choosing a pair of biker gloves, one of the most important things to consider is the material. Leather gloves offer a classic look and excellent protection against wind, water, and abrasion. Synthetic fabrics are lightweight, and breathable and provide superior grip in wet conditions due to their textured surfaces.
- Grip: It's important to consider the grip. Some gloves feature textured palm patches or pre-curved fingers that allow you to maintain a secure grip on your handlebars while also providing extra comfort and control. Other gloves have a more durable material that is designed to increase grip in wet conditions or provide a better feel when changing gears or braking. The type of grip you choose should depend on your individual needs – if you need maximum maneuverability then textured palms may be best, but if you need more durability or insulation then pre-curved fingers might be the way to go.
- Style: When deciding between full-finger or half-finger protection, you should consider both warmth and breathability. Full-finger gloves provide superior coverage and insulation, whereas half-finger gloves are typically lighter and more breathable — offering more dexterity without compromising comfort. Additionally, matching jackets may also be an option for those looking for coverage, style, and additional warmth.
- Ventilation: When shopping for the right pair of biker gloves, it's important to consider ventilation. Some gloves come with mesh panels or other breathable materials that allow air to circulate and keep your hands cool in hot weather. Other gloves are designed with sweat-absorbent fabrics or advanced ventilation systems that actively draw air away from your hands.
- Protection: It is also important to consider how much protection you need. Some gloves come with extra padding in key areas like the knuckles or palms for added cushioning against impacts. Other gloves are designed with reinforced materials to provide maximum protection while maintaining a lightweight feel.
- Durability: When searching for the ideal pair of biker gloves, it's important to keep durability in mind. Many gloves feature reinforced seams and stitching that provide increased strength and wear resistance over time. Other gloves are designed with specialized fabrics or materials that can withstand more abuse from the elements.
- Comfort: When it comes to selecting the perfect pair of biker gloves, comfort, and insulation should be top priorities. Many gloves feature inner lining and cushioning material that provide extra comfort and insulation against harsh conditions. Other gloves are designed with temperature-regulating materials that help keep your hands warm in colder climates while still allowing your hands to breathe in warmer temperatures.
The Benefits of Wearing Biker Gloves
Riding a motorcycle can be a thrilling and often dangerous experience. Biker gloves are essential for any rider who takes their safety seriously. Not only do they provide crucial protection from abrasion, cuts, and burns in the event of an accident, but there are many other benefits to wearing biker gloves as well. Here are just a few:
Protection from Abrasion, Cuts, and Burns
Biker gloves are designed with durability and protection in mind. The tough outer material helps protect your hands from abrasions, cuts, and burns caused by road debris or contact with the ground in the event of a crash.
Enhanced Grip for Better Control of the Bike’s Handlebars
Many biker gloves feature padded grip panels to help improve your handling of the bike’s handlebars on long rides. The extra padding also helps reduce strain on your arms during longer trips.
Improved Comfort over Long Rides due to Cushioning Between Fingers and Handlebars
Many biker glove styles feature inner lining as well as a specialized cushioning material between fingers and handlebars that increases comfort over long rides so you can stay focused on the road ahead without having to worry about sore or tired hands.
Increased Visibility at Night with Reflective Material or Fabrics
Adding reflective elements to a pair of biker gloves is one way to increase visibility at night. Reflective materials help make riders more visible when traveling down darker roads, potentially helping prevent serious collisions with other motorists or wildlife that may be crossing their path unexpectedly. By wearing a quality pair of biker gloves you not only keep yourself protected from harm during your ride but also increase comfort levels during long journeys and even boost your visibility during nighttime rides.
Our Favorite Types of Biker Gloves To Try
Looking for the best gloves for your next bike adventure? Check out our favorites! We've tested a wide range of products from Leather Gloves to Mesh Gloves, so you can find the perfect gloves to ensure your safety on your next adventure. Read on for our top picks for the best biker gloves to try!
Leather Biker Gloves
Leather biker gloves are made from the hide of cows, goats, or other animals. They are popular because of their durability and ability to provide superior protection against the elements. Leather gloves often come with features such as gauntlets and extra padding in areas exposed to friction when riding. They can also be waterproofed for added protection in inclement weather, and come in a variety of colors and styles to suit all types of motorcycle riders.
These gloves are the must-have biker accessory every serious rider needs. They are designed to keep your hands safe from harm with a protective leather exterior, shock-absorbing gel padding, and adjustable Velcro wrist closure.
As if that weren't enough, these gloves also provide excellent grip for more control over the handlebars. Not only will you be protected on the road, but you'll turn heads with their stylish look that's sure to make an impression.
These functional and stylish motorcycle riding gloves are designed to keep your hands both warm and protected. The soft velvet cashmere lining ensures warmth while the outer leather layer provides protection from abrasions, cuts, and burns.
With touchscreen capability, you'll have easy access to your phone while riding without having to take off your gloves – staying connected has never looked so good! For a glove perfect for any winter ride, these are a must-have for every serious biker.
Synthetic/Mesh Biker Gloves
Synthetic or mesh biker gloves are made of lightweight materials such as nylon and other synthetic fibers. They provide protection against the elements but are not as durable as leather gloves. Mesh gloves often feature ventilation panels to keep hands cool when riding in hot conditions. These types of gloves usually come with extra padding for knuckles and joints, making them comfortable to wear even during long rides.
Crafted with an ultra-breathable mesh design and adjustable wrist closure for maximum comfort, these gloves also provide maximum protection from abrasions, cuts, and burns. Innovative touch screen compatible fingertips give you easy access to your phone while special sweat-wicking technology provides superior grip in wet conditions.
Whether you're a road warrior or weekend cruiser, these all-weather feature gloves are a must-have for every serious biker!
Combining superior comfort and ultra-breathability, these gloves keep your hands safe from abrasions, cuts, and burns. An adjustable wrist closure allows for a secure fit to ensure maximum protection on your rides.
Additionally, specially designed touch screen compatible fingertips provide improved control of your smartphone without taking off your gloves. With hard knuckles and a TPR palm pad for additional shock absorption, you can rely on INBIKE Breathable Mesh Motorcycle Gloves to keep you safe even when taking long rides.
Ventilated Biker Gloves
Ventilated gloves are designed to provide riders with maximum comfort and protection while riding. These gloves typically feature a perforated construction, which acts as a ventilation system to keep the hands cool and dry in hot conditions. The materials used in ventilated gloves are usually lightweight yet highly durable, allowing for a secure fit and excellent protection against abrasions and impacts.
These gloves are made with high-quality leather and feature an adjustable strap that provides superior comfort while riding. They also have knuckle vents ports, allowing air to circulate freely through the gloves, keeping your hands cool even in hot summer weather.
The fingertips are touch-sensitive, so you can access your phone or other electronic devices without taking them off. With these gloves on, comfortable rides and stylish looks is a guarantee!
Crafted using premium leather, these gloves offer superior flexibility and durability, a reinforced gel-padded palm for perfect grip, and knuckle armor for reliable defense. They feature an ergonomic design that is comfortable to wear and perforations for superior breathability.
The top-quality aniline goat leather construction adds durability while the reinforced gel padded palm and grip control provide extra support during rides. Ideal for all power sports activities, these gloves shield your hands from abrasion and keep them sweat-free with perfect ventilation.
Fingerless gloves are a lightweight and flexible type of glove designed for motorcycle riders. They are usually made from leather or synthetic material and feature an open-fingered design that allows for increased dexterity when riding. The back of the hand is often padded to provide extra protection against impacts while providing breathability and ventilation to keep hands cool in hot weather.
Crafted with a blend of 55% polyester and 45% nylon, they boast powerful shock-absorbing padding to reduce road vibration and fatigue on your hands. Plus, the anti-slip silicone gel on the palm increases your grip while soft and smooth lycra fabric enhances flexibility.
For added convenience, two little finger loops allow you to quickly pull off the gloves when needed and a special towel cloth on the thumb helps to conveniently wipe away sweat. Enjoy enhanced protection and comfort during your rides with these reliable bike gloves.
These gloves boast breathable and lightweight fabric that keeps your hands cool even in hot weather. Plus, their 5mm gel pads on the palms offer superior shock absorption so you can ride with confidence.
The anti-slip design ensures a secure grip while touch-sensitive fingertips let you use your phone or other electronic devices without taking them off — making these gloves the perfect pick for your next outing.
Waterproof Biker Gloves
Waterproof gloves are designed to keep the hands and fingers dry while riding in wet conditions. These gloves typically feature a waterproof outer shell made from synthetic or leather materials, with a breathable lining that keeps the hands comfortable and prevents sweat buildup. The added protection of water resistance makes these gloves ideal for riding in the rain or other damp conditions.
Crafted from water-resistant and windproof fabric, these gloves are designed to keep your hands warm and dry even in extreme weather conditions. Padded cushioning on the palms offers added comfort while riding, and their anti-slip design ensures a secure grip during your longest rides.
Plus, touch-sensitive fingertips let you use your phone or other electronic devices without taking them off — making these gloves an ideal choice for your cold-weather adventures.
Made from heavy-duty waterproof fabric, these gloves offer superior defense against wind and water even in extreme temperatures down to 32°F. The palms feature a high-dexterity design that flexes with you during work or bike rides, while the anti-slip design ensures a secure grip without sacrificing dexterity.
Plus, touch-sensitive fingertips let you operate your phone or other electronic devices without taking them off — ideal for all of your chilly adventures. Available in various sizes and color options, these gloves offer something for everyone.
Biker Gloves FAQs
What type of gloves should I wear for biking?
It is important to choose gloves that are both comfortable and provide protection from road debris and the elements. Look for gloves made with leather, Kevlar, or a combination of these materials. They should fit snugly and allow you to move your fingers freely. Make sure to read product reviews before making a purchase, so you can find the best glove for your needs.
What other features should I consider when buying gloves?
Look for features that will provide extra protection such as added padding or armor in areas like the wrists and knuckles. Some gloves also include perforations or vents in areas that get hot quickly, like under the fingers and back of the hand. It’s also helpful to find a pair with adjustable straps so they can be secured tightly without being too tight on your hands while riding.
How should I care for my gloves?
Leather should be conditioned regularly with a leather-care product designed specifically for this type of material—this will help it last longer and keep its natural sheen. For synthetic materials, you should use mild soap or detergent in warm water when washing by hand; air dry them afterward rather than using a machine dryer that could damage the fabric or fur lining.
How long should a pair of gloves last?
A properly cared-for pair of biker gloves should last for a few years, on average; however, this can vary based on the frequency and intensity of use, as well as the storage conditions.
How should biker gloves fit?
Biker gloves should fit snugly but not excessively tight. Your fingers should be able to move freely while still maintaining a secure grip on the handlebars. It's important that your gloves fit correctly so they don't become loose and slip off during rides.
No matter what kind of biking you do, there’s a pair of gloves to suit your needs. From waterproof biker gloves for wet-weather rides and impact & vibration reduction gloves to keep your hands comfortable during long journeys, the options are endless. With such an extensive range available at different price points and with varying delivery times, it can be difficult finding the perfect fit – but hopefully, this article has helped narrow down your search! We hope that our selection of some of the best fingerless bike gloves on the market will help you find just what you need for all types of cycling adventures.
Reviews in this blog post have been edited for clarity and/or length.